3 Key Pet Care Marketing Strategies to Spur Growth
By Hibu |
The industry is undergoing a resurgence as pet care market trends rapidly change:
- Online pet care transactions are surging, with a projected 30% of sales happening online by 2025.
- The pet care market is growing, with analysts predicting $368.88 billion in revenue by 2030.
- People are spending more money on their pets, from food to grooming to boarding.
Your business has ample opportunity to stand out by zeroing in on tried-and-true digital marketing tactics. Now, let’s see how to do that faster and smarter than ever.
Let’s explore three pet care marketing strategies to help your business grow, even in such a dynamic industry.
Pet Care Marketing Tactics to Kick-Start Growth
1. Embrace Your Business’s Digital Presence
In today's digital age, having a strong online presence is non-negotiable. Most of your customers and clients will look for you online — the Web is where most people begin their search for pet care services in their area.
Today, almost all businesses have a website – and if you don’t, the time to get one is now. But instead of learning how to use a DIY tool for your website, leave the website design to the pros while you focus on the pets. Consider partnering with a digital marketing agency to create a user-friendly website that showcases your services, expertise, and unique selling points. All the while, your site will be optimized for search engines (SEO) to ensure potential customers can find you easily.
You can further expand your digital presence by leveraging social media platforms to connect with pet owners, share engaging content, and build a loyal online community. But remember, social media should be used as a supplement to an informative and engaging website, not a replacement.
Here are a few additional tips to help you make the most of your pet care business’s online presence.
- Keep your business listings current. Customers will want to contact you and ask questions. The information they find when they spot your business has to be accurate to maintain their trust.
- Post on social media and respond to reviews. Facebook is crammed with ways to ensure customers know you pay attention – if you only post on one social media platform, be sure it’s Facebook. Next, reply to good and bad business reviews to cement trust and see where you can turn unhappy customers into positive reviews.
- Invest in search engine optimization (SEO) services. SEO is immensely powerful. Use it to maximize your visibility online and track what customers search for.
You should also consider creating custom content such as blogs, videos, and infographics that address common pet care concerns, highlight success stories, or provide useful tips. It might take. Yes, it might take a small time investment, but engaging with your audience online not only builds trust but also positions your brand as an authority in the pet care industry.
2. Partner with Pros Who Can Make the Most of Your Data
Making sure you’re delivering the services your customers want is crucial to any business’s success. You probably did a certain amount of research when you first established your business.
But pet care marketing isn’t a catch-all approach. Using unexpected twists in your digital marketing campaigns, promoting services you offer and services you offer differently than your competition, gives you a real edge over the other pet care options customers will find online.
One of the great benefits of having a managed digital presence is the data you have at your fingertips to help you understand your audience. Work with a digital marketing partner who can help you:
- Tap into your smart website analytics. What pages, products, and/or services get the most traffic? You won’t just get ideas with a smart site — you’ll also drive customer engagement.
- Look at your official social media accounts and search, display, and social ads. What do your customers talk about, and which ads do they click most?
- Read your customers’ reviews. What do they mention most about your business?
Study the habits of your customers, and you may nail an angle that kick-starts a one-of-a-kind campaign. By getting creative with pet care marketing, you uncover opportunities to boost word of mouth — and sales!
3. Personalize Your Pet Care Marketing
It doesn’t matter which segment of the pet care market you specialize in. Knowing your customers — and even better, knowing their pets — is priceless.
Personalization in pet care marketing is powerful. When customers see you speak to their pets’ needs and offer custom products or services, it hits the sweet spot. Maximizing personalized marketing is no walk in the park, but it’s definitely doable … and well worth the investment.
Your business can also reinforce personalization and encourage customer retention by implementing loyalty programs that reward repeat business. Offer discounts, exclusive deals, or freebies for customers who consistently choose your services or products. Loyalty programs not only incentivize repeat purchases but also foster a sense of belonging and appreciation among your customer base.
Partner with Hibu for Effective Pet Care Marketing
At Hibu, our smart digital marketing solutions make analyzing and engaging your customers easy. You get the most out of these tactics with tools that target and retarget them in the right places at the right times.
See how integrated digital marketing brings the pieces together for pet care businesses like yours. Then, reach out when you’re ready to grow — we’ll partner with you to craft your perfect pet care marketing plan.
Call us at 877-237-6120 or complete our Get Started form for a free, no-obligation consultation.