Free Guide: Taking Control of Your Online Reputation
By Ian Messinger |
“All you have in business is your reputation” – Richard Branson
You already know how important your business’s reputation is, and how to manage it through great service and word-of-mouth recommendations…but what about your business’s reputation online?
Get your free guide to understanding how you can spread the good word about the good work you do on Google, Facebook, popular apps and more.
You need to be in control of what your customers (and potential new customers) see and say about you online — and the reputation that creates for your business.
Your business online
Online success starts with establishing a solid foundation
Connecting with your local customers online is a 3-step process —you need to establish your foundation…build your presence…and increase your performance.
Each step builds on the last, and it all starts with a foundation that sets you up for success. This guide will show you what goes into establishing a solid foundation for your business online, starting with managing your reputation.
Establishing your online foundation
3 things you need to succeed online:
- Business Listings – The correct FACTS about your business — your accurate name, address, phone and more — on search engines, directories, apps and voice search-enabled devices
- Online Reviews – Positive FEEDBACK from your customers — public ratings and reviews on Google, Facebook and other top sites that can help new customers trust you
- Online Reputation – A plan to create a good FIRST IMPRESSION — by keeping track of all your online business information, responding to customer reviews and taking control of your online reputation
What are online listings?
You are more than just your website online
There are probably hundreds of listings for your business online on search engines and sites like Google, Yelp and CitySearch…more on directory sites like Yellowbook.com…and still more on popular apps like Apple Maps.
You may have created some of these listings yourself, but most are probably auto-generated, and they may have the wrong information about your business — the wrong name, the wrong address, or the wrong phone number.
Listings by the numbers
- 85% of consumers found incorrect or incomplete information on an online business listing in the last year
- 77% of consumers saw conflicting information on a business across different online directories
How to correct and protect your most important business information online
- Control your listings’ accuracy where it matters — Make sure your name, address, phone number and more are correct on sites, directories and the apps your customers use
- Help your customers find you via voice search — Give your customers the right information when they use Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant to ask about your business
- Update and enhance your listings with updates, offers and more — You can add promotional and timely messages to help your listings stand out and keep your customers informed
What are online reviews?
What your customers are saying matters more than ever
Online reviews refers to all the feedback, ratings and reviews for your business across the web. We’re not just talking about Angi or Yelp either. Reviews are in the search results, on directory sites and on social media…and your customers can find them on their computers, tablets and phones.
In other words, online reviews for your business are everywhere your customers are looking today — and if yours aren’t positive, or aren’t showing up at all, you may have a hard time convincing prospects to choose you.
Reviews by the numbers — what your online reviews reveal to your customers
- 76% of consumers say they "regularly" read online reviews when browsing for local businesses of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- 87% of consumers would not consider a business with an average rating below 3 stars
Online reviews + your customers
Watch the video to see why online reviews are the new “word of mouth” recommendations — and how easy it can be to build your library of 5-star reviews online.
How to collect and share your customers’ reviews and ratings online
- Collect reviews in person and online — Get the tools you need to easily request reviews from your customers while their experience is still fresh – and make it easy for them to share their reviews with you on their terms
- Share your reviews online and on social media — Publish your reviews on sites including Google and Facebook – where local consumers look for your previous customers’ feedback
- Add your reviews to your website — Embed your positive reviews on your site (and automatically add them to your Hibu Website) to build your visitors’ trust
So what’s your online reputation?
What you do with your Listings and Reviews creates a powerful first impression for your customers
Keeping up with all the changes to your listings and customer reviews can feel like another full-time job — and it’s harder still if you’re logging into multiple platforms to keep an eye on everything that’s new or changed.
“I can’t find time to…”
Keep up with changes to your listings
When your listings are changed by a third party, how do you correct your business info?
“It’s hard to…”
Track and respond to all your online reviews
How do you make sure you see and respond to everything your customers are saying?
“How do I…”
Make sure everything is consistent and connected
Your listings info and reviews tell a complete story for your business — how do you keep them in sync everywhere?
Reputation by the numbers
- 98% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses
- 69% of consumers would feel positive about using a business with reviews describing a positive experience
- 88% of consumers are fairly or highly likely to use a business that responds to all reviews, positive or negative
See why your online reputation matters
Watch this short video to find out just how important your online reputation is — and how managing it can help turn curious consumers into confident new customers.
How to monitor and respond to everything your customers say about your business online
- Monitor all your listings and reviews — Mange your listings, reviews and online reputation from a single, easy-to-use dashboard
- Reach out and respond to your customers — Use one tool to ask your customers for feedback and respond to their reviews (you can even respond directly on Google and Facebook)
- Compare your reputation to your competitors’ — Track your rating to see how your reputation stacks up against your competition and your industry average
Establish a solid online foundation and take control of your reputation
Correcting your business information and highlighting your positive reviews is all part of “reputation management” online. It’s the cornerstone of your digital foundation —and the first step in everything else you want to accomplish online.